Fair & Rodeo FAQs
- ARE PETS ALLOWED ON THE GROUNDS?
The only animals allowed on the grounds are those that align with the ADA’s service animal classification for animals specifically trained to do work or perform tasks for people with disabilities. Animals whose sole function is to provide comfort or emotional support do not qualify as service animals under the ADA and are therefore not allowed on the grounds.
- WILL MY BAG BE SEARCHED WHEN I ENTER THE FAIRGROUNDS?
- For everyone’s safety all guests and their personal possessions are subject to an inspection prior to admittance into the Fair
- WHAT CAN I BRING THROUGH THE GATE?
Each person is allowed to bring one sealed or empty water bottle (no glass). NO outside food or beverages are allowed into the Fair or arena/concert venues. Exceptions include bottle/sippy cups for small children or those who have special medical dietary needs.
- WHAT ITEMS ARE NOT ALLOWED?
The following items are prohibited:
Fireworks, sparklers, throwing toys including balls and frisbees, laser pointers, tents, play pens, high-profile or standard height lawn chairs, coolers, musical instruments, large bags, weapons including pocket knives and illegal drugs. We are a tobacco free and smoke free facility.
- IS SMOKING ALLOWED ON THE GROUNDS?
- The Deschutes County Fair & Expo Center is a tobacco free facility.
- WHERE ARE ATMS LOCATED?
There are 4 locations for atms:
♦ Bank of the Cascades Center
♦ Middle Sister Building
♦ Rodeo grounds
- WHERE IS THE LOST & FOUND?
- Lost and found articles may be dropped off or recovered at the Police headquarters located on the North side of the Bank of the Cascades Center.
- HOW TO GET TICKETS TO THE CONCERTS?
- Every Wednesday in July between the hours of 2:00 – 7:00pm all Central Oregon McDonald’s will be giving out tickets while supplies last. No purchase is necessary. Fair gate admission is not included.